The University is required to obtain, from the DMV’s Employer Pull Notice (EPN) System, a periodic report of each drivers public driving record for
- all University employees who are hired specifically as drivers
- any other University employees who routinely drive a University vehicle in the course of their regular employment
- all drivers of University-owned rideshare vehicles
Authorized drivers include faculty, staff, students, and non-University persons, including consultants, provided they have been approved by the appropriate campus official, and the vehicle use is for official University business.
Criminal penalties may be assigned against the University for hiring, continuing to employ, or permitting to continue to operate as a driver, any person who has had a disqualifying action taken against his/her license or certificate (e.g., DMV suspension or revocation).
In order to be added to the EPN program, the driver must be authorized to drive and approved by a campus representative and present the following documents for verification:
- Completed Employer Pull Notice Request form with appropriate approvals
- Valid Driver’s License with Photo
At one of the following locations:
- Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS)
- UC Merced Police Department
- Certain Department/Campus Unit Verifiers/Intake Designees (check with your department)
Results will be shared with TAPS within 10 working days for California licenses. Out of state licenses are subject to that state’s policies and response time.